So I took a little (long) break from blogging…but I’m back. Something that I have also taken a much longer break from is taking pictures…seriously I have not taken a picture quite a few months. I need to work on this. In the mean time all I am left with is words.
To update you on the last month or so. I have been:
– Busy with work. I have more job responsibilities and a lot more balls to juggle. Everyday it seems there is a list of probation officers, DSS social workers, CASA workers, and teachers to call on top of actually seeing clients and doing counseling.
– Busy doing things when I should be doing paperwork. A fine example would be that I recently started watching Prison Break on Netflix. All the seasons are available instantly (read: disaster for my productivity).
– Enjoying teaching myself to knit with my fingers. I have been a knitting machine in the last week. I have made about four scarves and one hat, and I’m working on a new hat and scarf right now. It has been rejuvenating to do something creative again.
– Stretching myself to pursue things I care about. I took a workshop two weekends ago and am now considered a professional doula. I am pretty excited, and equally intimidated to begin pursuing clients. Aside from reading, reading, reading I now have to write a business contract and make business cards…right after I catch up on paperwork from job #1.
– Planning for our garden this year with Phil. It has been fun, but a lot of hard work is coming. I have concerns about the lack of sunlight in our backyard so we will have to see how this all turns out.
– Enjoying having to drive so much for my job because I have started listening to audio books. Why was I not doing this before??? Thanks for the idea Shea!
In the last month of so I have been thinking a lot about too, but I have to go to work so I will share those thoughts another time.
In the meantime I hope everyone has a wonderful, Jesus-filled weekend.